Yellow Duck Framework is an object oriented framework that will help you with creating web applications. The project is implemented using the popular PHP web scripting language.
An example could be a weblog. The "post" request could take care of displaying and updating the items in the weblog. In this example, "update" would be an action as well as "display_list" and "display_item". Another request, "rss" for example could be used to generate RSS news feeds. In the "rss" request, we could for example find the actions "display_rss20" and "display_atom" which generate specific flavors of XML news feeds. Requests basically group action that are related.
By encapsulating all the programming in an object-oriented environment, you get a framework that is easy to use and understand, easy to extend and doesn't limit you in any way. If you combine this with a very feature-rich standard library that takes care of most common things that need to be programmed for a website, you have a very powerful environment available to develop web applications.
Here are some key features of "Yellow Duck Framework":
· Structured programming environment by using requests and actions
· Clean separation of code and output
· Support for multi-langual websites by using locales
· Templates for outputting HTML easily based on Smarty
· Automatic action dispatching using URL parameters
· Object oriented form construction and validation
· Object oriented handling of authentication
· Classes for creating XML/RPC clients and servers.
· Classes for creating syndicated XML feeds such as RSS and Atom feeds.
· Easy handling of files, directories and images. For images, there are some very straightforward functions that can create thumbnails and obtain specific information about these images.
· An object oriented interface for creating and sending email messages.
· Database abstraction layer supporting MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and Oracle.
· Object oriented way of creating SQL statements.
· Logging infrastructure based on plain text or XML logfiles.
· A shopping cart infrastructure that makes it easy to create webshops.
· Different smaller modules that take care of string handling, debugging, configuration settings, timers.
What's New in This Release:
· This release contains feature enhancements in nearly all sections.