Xaraya is extensible, Open Source software written in PHP.
Xaraya delivers the requisite infrastructure and tools to create custom web applications that include fully dynamic multi-platform Content Mangement Solutions (CMS).
Xaraya's modular, database independent architecture introduces tools that separate form, function, content, and design with on-the-fly extensions allowing greater control and versatility.
- The Main Menu:
- Viewable at the top on the left side of the screen, and listing various modules as menu items, that are available for visitors to the site. Initial visibility to anonymous visitors and registered users will depend on options taken during the installation process but can be changed and fine tuned at any time through the privileges and roles modules.
- just that, a html block reminding you to delete install.php and upgrade.php files from your web root. You can manually remove this, or it will 'expire' from view automatically after a set period.
- The AdminMenu (Administrator) :
- In this example, located on the left under the Main Menu. Only visible to the Site Administrator and others that are give the Role as a member of the Administrator group. Every module that is available to the Site Administrator and has configuration options is listed as a menu item in the Admin Menu.
- Site Header:
- Self explanatory consisting of the area across the top of the page, and containing in this instance the logo, and on the right a colour and font size selector panel. Can contain any content or visual elements you wish to place there.
- Module space:
- This is the main area of the screen, where the output of the current module is displayed. In this particular instance it contains text from the Base module. Can contain any content or visual elements that you wish to place there.
- Site Footer:
- Not visible in the diagram, but running along the full length of the bottom of the page. Can contain any elements you wish to place there.
- in our example we only have one left column. In fact, for your site you can decide to have any number of columns, or no columns, and any number of 'blocks' or no blocks at all. In addition, you can have this on one or more, or any of your pages - they can all be different! Whatever you can do in html you should be able to do on your Xaraya site, plus more!
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Calls to deprecated functions in PHP 5.3+ haver been replaced
- Minimum PHP version moved to 4.4.7
- All template files now use the .xt extension by default (.xd is still supported)
- Module category "Global" renamed to "System"