XRay is a 100% pure Java GUI-enhanced tool for transparent monitoring and logging of all HTTP messages that transpire between your web browser and an arbitrary host.
Here are some key features of "XRay":
· Full capture of all human-readable HTTP message content, including the headers and the body.
· Proper decoding and translation of gzipped and/or chunked message bodies.
· Suppression of non-human-readable binary content. Log records will not contain "garbage" characters.
· The option to transform the content of an html or xml document into a linear format suitable for content filtering applications.
· All application properties are GUI-configurable.
· You can build a custom log by clicking on a message line in the tree view control. The complete text of the message will be added to the log.
· You may cut/paste a text selection from the log window to/from the system clipboard.
· Because XRay is 100% java, it is platform independent.
· XRay need not run on the same machine as the web client(s) it tracks.