An easy-to-set up and easy-to-use PHP/MySQL bulletin board system.
Here are some key features of "UseBB":
- Free, as in freeware
- UseBB can be obtained completely free without having to pay any fees for support, future and development versions, etc.
- Free, as in freedom
- UseBB is developed as Open Source software, anyone can help develop it and write additional features, templates, etc.
Installation & Upgrading
- Installing and upgrading UseBB using handy wizards
- Can set many configuration options during installation
- Can delete itself after installation process
Categories and Forums
- Board can be divided into an unlimited number of categories and forums
- Per-forum configuration options and permissions
- Level-based permissions for posting, moderating, ...
- An unlimited or maximum number of replies can be set per forum
- Supports the use of BBCode and smilies in posts
- Posting flood protection
- Unlimited number of members possible
- Each member has his/her own personal profile page
- Many profile fields possible (such as ICQ#, location, age, real name ...)
- Set up your displayed name in your own language (even Russian or Chinese)
- Supports off-site avatars
- Moderators can be set per forum
- Can move/close/reopen/delete topics
- Can edit/delete posts
- Can post/edit/delete/... sticky topics
- Set various configuration options
- Create/edit/delete categories and forums
- Prune forums (topics) and members
- Send newsletters to members
- Set up bad word censors
- Edit/delete members
- Ban by membername, e-mail address or IP address
- and much, much more...
- Powerful cross-forum search engine
- Topic subscriptions via e-mail and on-line overview
- Built-in frequently asked questions
- Active topics listing (in HTML and RSS 2.0 format)
- Powerful output compression using gzip
- Flawless support for uncommon character sets
- Search engine friendly .html URL's
Styles and Customization
- UseBB uses seperated HTML and PHP for optimal performance
- Interface can be modified and translated using templates and language packs
- Default templates use standards compliant XHTML 1.0 and CSS
- HTTP server supporting PHP
- PHP 4.1.0
- MySQL 3.23
- GNU/Linux operating system
- Recent Apache HTTPD version
- Recent PHP 4 version
- Including multibyte string support (mbstring)
- Recent MySQL 4 version
- PHP must be compiled with or have auto-loaded extensions for session, PCRE and mysql support in order for UseBB to work.
- mod_rewrite is required for friendly URL�s (*.html).
- ZLib support in PHP is required for certain output compression levels to work.
- For PHP 5 support: please read UseBB on PHP5.
- UseBB is confirmed to work on Microsoft Windows.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This is primarily a bug fixing release, tested with PHP 5.4.