Ubercart Beta 1
Ubercart project is an e-commerce shopping cart integrated with the Drupal CMS.
Here are some key features of "Ubercart":
· Configurable product catalog includes catalog pages and a block to display product categories.
· Flexible product creation system. Create normal products by default. Create product classes to store more information on a subset of your catalog. (Ex: Creating a book class would let you store and display separately the author, publisher, and length of the book.)
· Flexible product attributes system. Create user selectable attributes for your products that modify the price, SKU/model, and/or weight of items as the customer adds them to his or her cart.
· Single page checkout. All checkout information gathered on a single screen composed of configurable checkout panes. Third party modules can define checkout panes to replace or add to the default set, making it easy to customize the checkout experience.
· Automatic account generation (anonymous checkout). Accounts and emails are automatically generated based on the customer's e-mail address. For return customers, previously used addresses will be listed on the checkout page for easy access.
· Simple order processing. The order administration screens have been designed by and for our salesmen. We believe there is always room for improvement and will try to make it happen! Order screens use the "pane" model, so the screens are configurable and extensible to accommodate a wide variety of e-commerce applications.
· Simple order creation and editing. Easy to create orders manually for customers, adding products, shipping prices, etc. from a single screen. Line items system makes it easy to add fees, discounts, and coupons to orders.
· Integrated payment system that acts as a bridge between acceptable payment methods (check, credit card, cod, etc.) and payment gateways (Cyber Source, Authorize.net, PayPal, etc.). Configurable payment processing and tracking, and easy to use credit card terminal with varying levels of access.
· Activity logging. Enable logging to see all the changes made to an order, including payment processing. (Your accountant will love this!)
What's New in This Release:
· Too many changes to count since the last post here, mainly centered around bringing some new features to the core (file downloads, site membership sale, stock control, etc.), tightening up those already included, and fixing as many bugs as could be found.