TimCam is an easy-to-use webcam program written in (pure) Java.
TimCam is an easy-to-use webcam program written in (pure) Java. It was designed to mimic such fantastic projects as ConquerCam, but with an added bonus: TimCam is in the public domain. This means that the source-code is not only free for download, it is free to incorporate into other projects, modify and re-release; basically, whatever you want to do with it you can.
- Can use any WebCam/device that JMF (see below) suports
- Nice little live-preview window
- Take single snapshots
- Take snapshots on a defined (in seconds) interval, and upload them to an FTP site
- FTP uploading is: passive (to avoid firewall problems!), and done using a temporary filename so that users don't see a garbled image during the upload
- Offline image support: when you stop the interval uploading, an user-specified offline image is uploaded
- Save/Load options for easy use
- GUI: Pretty, easy to use, intuitive
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!