TightVNC project is a free remote control software package derived from the popular VNC software. With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer.
Here are some key features of "TightVNC":
· free, GPL-licensed, with full source code available;
· useful in remote administration, remote customer support, education, and for many other purposes;
· cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, compatible with other VNC software;
· well maintained and being actively developed.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release only updates TightVNC Java Viewer. This is the first public release of version 2.0. The viewer was redesigned and rewritten from the scratch.
· It features a Swing-based user interface, improved speed, and better code architecture.