The Gallery description
The Gallery is a slick Web-based photo album written using PHP.
Gallery is a web based software product that lets you manage your photos on your own website. You must have your own website with PHP support in order to install and use it.
With Gallery you can easily create and maintain albums of photos via an intuitive interface. The function photo management includes automatic thumbnail creation, image resizing, rotation, ordering, captioning, searching and more.
Albums can have read, write and caption permissions per individual authenticated user for an additional level of privacy. Give accounts to your friends and family and let them upload and manage their own photos on your website!
Here are some key features of "The Gallery":
- Image Magick or NetPBM - pick which image manipulation package you have on your server or want to use.
- Auto Rotate Images - Gallery can look at information in pictures from digital cameras and automatically rotate them as needed.
- Image Quality and Size Defaults - You can limit the quality and size of images so that when images are uploaded, Gallery will resize them to save space.
- Main Gallery Page Settings - The configuration wizard contains all of the settings for how the main Gallery page looks and acts including showing or hiding the album tree, search engine, or album owner, and what frames to show around albums.
- Optional Binaries: zip, jhead, jpegtran - If you have these programs on your webserver, you can enable them to make gallery work better and be more flexible.
- Languages - Choose which languages you want your Gallery to support and how the user is presented with the choice.
- Email Support - Set up email support to have your Gallery email users when their accounts are created or when they forget their password, email you copies, email people when the Gallery is updated, and more!
- Gallery-wide Slideshow - enable or disable a slideshow that includes all pictures in the gallery
- Commenting - turn off or on the public commenting system and configure it.
- Logging - enable logging with syslog or the Windows logger
- RSS publishing - publish your Gallery with RSS!
- Album Defaults - set defaults for the way that all new albums will originally look.
- We strongly recommend that all users of Gallery 1.5.9, 1.6-RC2, and earlier upgrade to this release to protect your Gallery installation. You can download them from the Gallery 1 download page on SourceForge. Upgrade instructions are available on our documentation site. Read on for some more details about what is happening to Gallery 1.
- These releases address a security issue that allowed malicious users to gain administrative access if "register globals" is enabled in web server configuration. We thank John Hisdock for responsibly reporting this to us and are happy to award him with a security bounty.
- Gallery 1 has been good to us! From Bharat's first public code release in July 2000, to Gallery 1.0 on June 4th 2001, to the multi-year behemoth of Gallery 2 and on to the current Gallery 3 product, over 2 million of you have downloaded Gallery 1 and loved it. Gallery 1 was the SourceForge project of the month in 2003, and even now, more than 3 years after the Gallery 2.0 release, se...