Template Lite is a smaller, faster alternative to the Smarty template engine.
For the most part, it is a drop in replacement for Smarty but uses around half of the memory and is considerably faster and far less CPU intensive when compiling and displaying templates.
Template lite was originally created by Paul Lockaby as a smaller replacement for Smarty. The original package was called Smarty Light. Even though Smarty is an Open Source project the creators of Smarty decided to trademark the name Smarty. Because of this trademarking of the name they contacted Paul Lockaby and told him he could nolonger use Smarty in the name for the package.
Paul Lockaby gave me permission to fork the project if I wanted as he was closing down support and developement for Smarty Light. The initial release of Template Lite contains a few minor bug fixes and some extra features.
I plan on adding more features to Template Lite over the next few months. For the most part Template Lite is a drop in replacement for Smarty. The nice thing about this package is how it uses around half of the memory of Smarty and it is considerably FASTER and far less CPU intensive when compiling and displaying templates.
What's New in This Release:
· register_resource and unregister_resource support was added.
· Different resources are supported by everything except for cached template output.
· The _get_resource internal function was added for processing "file:" and absolute tag resources.
· The resize_image plugin was added.
· Support for absolute paths to template files was fixed.