Tango can pre-process web content from a variety of sources, one Python script at a time.
Tango is a web framework for content middleware, great for respinning content for mobile web sites or repurposing upstream data (no matter how messy) for new and improved APIs, built with Python and Flask.
Tango targets users who are:
- application developers who need a clean JSON feed from upstream sources.
- backend developers who have to reuse data from the wild.
- template developers who implement mobile website designs.
- client developers who'd like to manage their own templates.
Tango supports activities of:
- developing templates in a sandbox environment.
- sourcing site data from a mashup of sources, and building tools without any concern for request/response details.
The templates, static assets, and stash modules are discovered and integrated by the Tango core with the help of config.py and headers written in yaml.
See existing sites and examples for more detail.