Syndicate Press 1.0.20
Easy RSS aggregation for Wordpress
Unlike a number of the RSS syndication plugins for Wordpress, Syndicate Press is actively maintained and regularly updated with new features and enhancements. The Syndicate Press development team at henryranch.net has focused on ease of use, performance, stability and functionality to bring you a great plugin that will help keep your Wordpress site up to date with the latest in RSS feeds from every corner of the world.
Configuring and using Syndicate Press is easy. To begin using Syndicate Press, simply follow these steps:
1. Install Syndicate Press
1. Via Wordpress ‘upload’ feature
1. Download the “Wordpress upload compatible package” from the release page.
2. Use the Wordpress Plugin ‘Upload’ feature to install the plugin.
3. Activate the plugin via the ‘Activate’ link once the install completes.
2. Via FTP:
1. Unzip and copy the syndicate-press directory into your wordpress plugins directory
1. Make sure that you copy the syndicate-press directory that contains the plugin php code.
2. Thus, your install directory structure should look like this:
1. There are other files in the syndicate press directory. This is an example so you can see the correct directory path…
2. View your Plugins list
3. Activate the Syndicate Press plugin
4. Open the Syndicate Press configuration page by clicking the ‘Syndicate Press’ link under the Wordpress ‘Settings’ menu.
3. Automatic: Use the wordpress ‘Add new plugin’ feature to add the plugin from the plugin repository
2. Open the administration page from within Wordpress
3. Select the “Enable” radio-button
4. Enter an RSS feed URL into the feed list box
1. You may enter more than 1 feed URL in the list.
1. Simply place each feed URL on a separate line
5. Configure any other settings as you wish…
6. Click the “Update Settings” button
7. Create a new Page (or Post)
8. Add your desired feeds to the page or post.
1. Setting the feedname to ‘all’ will display all of the RSS feeds that you have defined in your feed list
9. Save and publish the Page
10. View the page with all of the excellent RSS feed items in your browser…
11. Sit back and relax, knowing that you just syndicated your first RSS feed on your site…and it was easy!
- Easy integration into your WordPress site:
- Feeds can be placed within Pages or Posts with simple bbcodes.
- Feeds can be inserted anywhere in a Theme by a simple php function call.
- Feeds honor your site CSS:
- The plugin does not impose any style constraints which allows your feed content to match your sites look and feel.
- Caching of input feeds:
- Configurable cache expiration
- Protect your feed providers from excessive downloads
- Some feed providers will block websites that repeatedly access their RSS feeds
- The caching methodology used by Syndicate Press will effectively remove this as an issue
- Caching of formatted output:
- Caches the parsed and formatted output so that pages serve faster and reduce server CPU load.
- For example, with 4 large feeds on a single page, full parsing and formatting can take approximately 1.6 seconds without output caching enabled. When output caching is enabled, the page is processed in ~0.001 seconds to ~0.13 seconds.
- Some feeds may contain content that you don’t want on your site. Syndicate Press’s filtering allows you to define custom filter keywords that help control what type of content is displayed to your users.
- Syndicate Press supports 2 types of content filters, inclusive and exclusive. These filters operate on the feed item level. This means that an item from a feed can be filtered out due to content, while another item from the same feed will not be filtered out due to content.
- Inclusive keyword filters: Only feed items that contain one of the inclusive filter keywords will be displayed
- Exclusive keyword filters: Feed items that contain one of the exclusive filter keywords will not be displayed. The exclusive filter is applied after the inclusive filter.
- Insert customized content between feeds, including advertising code such as Google’s Adsense.
- Identify feeds with a short, easy to remember name:
- The feed name can be used to reference the feed in your Page or Post
- Configurable description text location:
- Below the title link
- In the title link’s hover over “title” attribute
- Limit the number of items from a feed
- Limit the length of the feed description to a given number of characters
- Custom feed and article formatting
- Enter custom HTML tags to format the feed and/or article titles
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release includes a new short-code parameter that allows you to truncate an article title at a specific word.
- This is especially useful when working with affiliate product feeds and automated news feeds.