Spaz is an open source Twitter client made in AIR.
Here are some key features of "Spaz":
· Cross-platform: available on all AIR-compatible platforms (currently Windows and OS X, with Linux coming soon)
· Open source software using a New BSD-style license
· No ads
· Markdown syntax support
· Multiple themes
· User-defined CSS "overrides"
· Minimize to systray (Windows); optional auto-hiding and showing
· Adding favorite messages and deleting sent messages
· Event sounds using the Tokyo Train Station soundset by Dominik Dimaano
· View updates from users you're following, direct messages, replies (@…), and the public timeline
· Auto-refreshing timelines
· Quicklinks to sent direct messages or replies to any user
· Debugging tools for theme development and scripting
· Adobe AIR
What's New in This Release:
· FEATURE: @username hinting/auto-completion. List of names built from main timeline/friends/followers lists (must be loaded first)
· FEATURE: Emoticon support (developed by Graeme Dunlop/@kibitzer)
· FEATURE: New user context menus allow messaging, following of *any* users that appear in timeline (including usernames that appear inside tweets)
· FEATURE: Shortcut maker now automatically detects links in clipboard; will auto-convert and insert into clipboard
· FEATURE: new friends and followers tabs. Currently only shows first 100; this will be improved in the near future
· FEATURE: new Main Menu available from [Spaz] header button; presets many items previously available only as keyboard shortcuts
· FEATURE: Debug mode now utilizes AIRIntrospector system; allows for much more powerful examination of DOM and AJAX calls
· FEATURE: Tweets are now marked as "read" when they are unselected (themes will need to be updated to support "read" CSS class)
· FEATURE: Proper user theme support; place themes in user storage directory's "userthemes"
· FEATURE: added pref for scroll-to-top on refresh
· FEATURE: added pref for checking for "test" versions when looking for updates
· FEATURE: Just-posted tweets are now added to timeline immediately
· FEATURE: Visual wilhelm excitement
· FEATURE: added "hidden" pref (no UI, must manually edit prefs file) to change source string sent to Twitter.
· FIX: keyboard shortcuts now work under Linux (thanks agolna)
· FIX: set max number of entries allowed in timeline; default is 200 (change manually in prefs file)
· FIX: obnoxious error modal than blocked UI dropped; now uses notification popup.
· FIX: clicking on a tab before appropriate amount of time has passed will not cause refresh (to avoid inadvertent request limit problems)
· FIX: shutdown sound now plays. Skipped if CMD+Q is used to shut down.
· FIX: all API actions now performed over HTTPS