SeaMonkey is a web-browser, newsgroup client, advanced e-mail and IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple.
SeaMonkey is an open source project created by the Mozilla Corporation.
Here are some key features of "SeaMonkey":
· Mail & Newsgroups
· IRC Chat ("ChatZilla")
· Web Development Tools
· The following library versions (or compatible) are required for the GTK1 build: glibc 2.2.5, XFree86 3.3.x, GTK 1.2.x, Glib 1.2.x. Red Hat Linux 7.0, Debian 3.0, and SuSE 7.3 (or later) installations should work. The recommended build (GTK2) requires glib
· Intel pentium class processor (233 MHz or faster recommended)
· 64 MB of RAM
· 26 MB of free hard disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Some parts of click-to-play did not work if doorhangers were disabled (Bug 860537).
· The Open Link in New Window context menu item had stopped working in MailNews (Bug 860905).
· The browser feed preview had been broken due to Private Browsing changes (Bug 856322).
· Per-site click-to-play permissions had stopped working (Bug 854867).
· An LDAP password was requested for each lookup even if it was saved (Bug 833971).
· Creating/amending mailing lists in the Address Book had been broken (Bug 859068).
· The tabbed browser uses the favicon service in a privacy-aware way now (bug 856406).
· The Open Location dialog does not save the state anymore when opened from a private window (bug 844497).
· Private downloads did not update (bug 849440).
· Save As from the context menu did not take the privacy status into account (bug 851304).
· Added icons for security notifications (bug 853268).
· Fixed the browser feed preview to work with XBL scopes (bug 846763).