Satchmo can use Django to create an open source framework for creating unique and robust online stores.
Have you been looking for an open source online store?
Are you tired of the current open source options?
Would you prefer to base your store on proven Python and Django technologies?
If you answer Yes, to any of these, then Satchmo might be the right tool for you. To provide maximum flexibility, Satchmo is licensed under the BSD license.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New Custom Product Attributes allow you to add your own data fields to any product
· Many improvements to the documentation
· New capability to send HTML email confirmations to your customers
· Slick new ajax fields in the checkout process to auto populate states based on the country selected
· Lots of new translation updates (thanks transifex)
· Inclusiong of South migrations
· Removing livesettings and keyedcache from Satchmo and spinning off their own project
· Many re-factorings of how livesettings are used which results in a much more straightforward troubleshooting process
· Multiple performance improvements - especially for stores with 1000's of products