SSL-Explorer 0.2.15 / 1.0.0 RC15
The 3SP SSL-Explorer is an SSL VPN solution that provides users with WebDAV file access.
SSL-based VPNs have become a hot topic in recent years. The benefits to productivity and the low maintenance overhead that comes with browser-based VPN solutions are something that cannot be overlooked by most businesses, though implementation costs can often be prohibitive.
In contrast to a conventional IPsec-based solution, no client side code needs to be installed on your end user's systems. SSL VPNs rely on Javatm based technology and hence require only a standard web browser to operate.
Standard network protocols can be tunnelled through the SSL connection, meaning that email and intranet web/file resources are easily and securely accessible from outside the corporate network.
The use of SSL is highly beneficial in these circumstances since most firewall policies grant access to SSL traffic by default, meaning that no additional configuration is required. Our solution is not a firewall, but it effectively allows you to 'lock-down' your network, leaving just a single port open on your firewall.
What's New in 0.2.15 Stable Release:
· Restart message is not prominent when a parameter is changed which requires a restart.
· A newly created resource should be seen instantly to logged in users without users having to log out and back in again.
· Name search does not escape invalid XML characters from the username.
· Name search is unable to find users with a space in the name.
· HTTP header injection exploit.
· Policies not listed in resource info tooltip.
· No Restart notification displayed when a valid license is installed after an invalid license upload fails.
· The SingleConnection tunnel command when creating extensions does not work with the false flag.
· Page table should provide each page in blocks of 10 items.
· Some system properties dissapear if an extension fails to upload.
· Sessions are not cleaned up after user disconnects.
· Group page GUI refactored.
· Status page GUI refactored.
· License manager page GUI refactored.
· Replacements option moved under web forwards.
· Replacement variables do not contain session:username and password in agent server proxy tab.
· Weak ciphers have been disabled for default configurations.
· Extension store fails to download plug-in dependencies.
· Access right page has strange 5000 resource type exists.
· Policy selection page contains redundant up and down button functionality.
· Creating a user then cancelling during password assignment.
· Creating applications with integer parameters are unable to use user attributes.
· Remote tunnels do not show in tunnel monitor.
· SSL-Tunnel source interface has no validation.
· Pressing cancel in profiles page when the session has timed out causes an exception if you try to press cancel again.
· Profiles page refactored.
· Checking a checkox in global profiles is unchecked after you change tabs.
· If you have a User and a Group with the same name, these can't both be assigned to a policy.
· Assigning a user which doesnt exist to a policy throws an exception.
· User cannot create an attribute even though they have been given the access rights to do so.
· Description is not a required field when creating an attribute.
· Filter does not work in attributes.
· Attributes page GUI refactored.
· Extension page GUI refactored.
· If a disabled extension has an update available the info page shows an exception.
· Password authentication scheme should be the only authentication scheme whenever prompted for re-authentication.
· Authentication scheme page GUI refactored.
· An authentication scheme should be allowed to be primary if a secondary scheme also exists.
· Redirection when canceling out of selecting an authentication scheme at logon is incorrect.
· Stepping back through the installer and changing the certificate type causes unusual behaviour during installation.
· Installation of extensions step in installer is irrelevant.
· Insallation progress bar added.
· Selecting All interfaces in the web server configuration step causes the service to fail.
· Selecting default language or disabling user selecting language do not work.