SCSS is a Scheme module for emitting, querying, and parsing style information compatible with the W3C Cascading Stylesheets recommendation.
While SCSS does not itself provide any rendering functionality, it can provide style information to applications and libraries that do.
If used with XML documents produced by SXML or SDOM, SCSS can accomodate the full range of selector types described in the W3C recommendation; it can also match simple selectors against strings when structured document information is not available.
- Homebrew parser based on WebKit:
- Compile-time generation of the parsing code (via lalr-scm) has been replaced
- with a hand-written implementation, based on the parsing schema for the WebKit
- layout manager (http://www.webkit.org/), that is several times smaller and much
- closer in compliance to the CSS recommendation, especially when it comes to
- recovery from errors. (It is also somewhat less efficient; this will be
- addressed in a future release.)
- Test suite:
- A simple set of parsing tests is now included in the distribution. To run
- through the test suite, load and execute the test.scm file.