Ruby webgen 1.2.1
webgen is a Web site generator implemented in Ruby.
webgen is a Web site generator implemented in Ruby. Ruby webgen is used to generate static Web sites from templates and page description files. Ruby webgen is easy to use and extensible through plugins.
- webgen core:
- Easily extendable through plugins
- Easy to install and use
- Uses templates for separating layout from content
- Easy to configure if one needs to (no need if you are happy with the default values)
- Command line interface uses command style syntax (like Subversion's svn command)
- File Handler (for handling the files in the source directory):
- Powerful file copy handler for copying single files or entire directories to the output directory
- Support for gallery definition files generates entire image galleries, with automatic thumbnail creation
- Page Description Files (for define web pages):
- Support for ERB (embedded Ruby) in page description files and in templates
- Supports several different content formats (Textile, Markdown, RDOC, plain HTML), new ones are easy to add
- Support for specifying meta information (e.g. title, menu ordering information, ...)
- Tags (used for easily adding dynamic content to web pages)
- Standard distribution provides often used tags
- Menu tag can generate different types of menus (simple menus and ones with CSS drop downs)
- Breadcrumb trail tag generates a breadcrumb trail so that one always knows where he is in the hierarchy
- Relocatable tag for automatically generating correct relative paths to files
- ... and much more!
- Other Features:
- Automatically checks generated files if they are standard conform
- Supports 'virtual files' via meta information backing files
- Support for automatic smiley replacement with emoticons
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This version brings some noticeable performance enhancements, especially if you use the newest kramdown version.