Ruby webgen 1.2.1
webgen is a Web site generator implemented in Ruby.
- webgen core:
- Easily extendable through plugins
- Easy to install and use
- Uses templates for separating layout from content
- Easy to configure if one needs to (no need if you are happy with the default values)
- Command line interface uses command style syntax (like Subversion's svn command)
- File Handler (for handling the files in the source directory):
- Powerful file copy handler for copying single files or entire directories to the output directory
- Support for gallery definition files generates entire image galleries, with automatic thumbnail creation
- Page Description Files (for define web pages):
- Support for ERB (embedded Ruby) in page description files and in templates
- Supports several different content formats (Textile, Markdown, RDOC, plain HTML), new ones are easy to add
- Support for specifying meta information (e.g. title, menu ordering information, ...)
- Tags (used for easily adding dynamic content to web pages)
- Standard distribution provides often used tags
- Menu tag can generate different types of menus (simple menus and ones with CSS drop downs)
- Breadcrumb trail tag generates a breadcrumb trail so that one always knows where he is in the hierarchy
- Relocatable tag for automatically generating correct relative paths to files
- ... and much more!
- Other Features:
- Automatically checks generated files if they are standard conform
- Supports 'virtual files' via meta information backing files
- Support for automatic smiley replacement with emoticons
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This version brings some noticeable performance enhancements, especially if you use the newest kramdown version.