RhinoRider provides applets with an interface to the Web document. Depending on the capabilities of the browser, RhinoRider project aims to provide these DOM features:
· Core level 3
· Java 1.5+
Testing is limited, so far.
Many methods are still marked ‘Not yet coded’, and will throw UnsupportedOperationException. For example, you might get an UnsupportedOperationException from this:
Node nB = nA.usefulMethod( p1, p2, p3 );
Node nB = SNode.wrapNode
(JSObject)nA.call( "usefulMethod", p1, p2, p3 )
Most of the implementation is that trivial.
What's New in This Release:
· DOM event dispatch was recoded from scratch.
· Additional DOM methods were implemented for the CharacterData, Document, and Node interfaces.
· Demo applets were coded, and test pages were posted.
· A minimal rhinoRider.jar is now released separately from the bulkier textbender.jar.
· Applet load times are improved.
· The project was renamed from 'OverDOM' to 'RhinoRider'.