RSStool is a software to read, parse, merge and write RSS (and Atom) feeds.
Lately a new technology called "RSS feeds" has caught my attention I decided to make it successful by writing this small tool.
rsstool [OPTION] FILE|URL...
Read, parse, merge and write RSS (and ATOM) feeds
Supports: RSS 0.9x, 1.0, 2.0 and ATOM 0.1, 0.2, 0.3
The RSS (or ATOM) feeds will be merged and re-sorted if you enter more than
one URL or FILEname
--version output version information and exit
--help display this help and exit
-q be quiet/less verbose
-s strip HTML code from RSS (or Atom) feeds
-r sort reverse
--html output as html (using -q will result in single line)
--txt output as plain text (using -q will result in single line)
-1 output as single line
--template=FILE|URL parse template file and replace tags with content
Tags: "< rsstool:url item=NUM >" url/link of item NUM
"< rsstool:title item=NUM >" title of item NUM
"< rsstool:desc item=NUM >" description of item
"< rsstool:date item=NUM >" date of item NUM
"< rsstool:site item=NUM >" site where item with
NUM came from
That's right, you could use/replace these custom tags in HTML
pages and upload them to a server who does only static HTML
"< rsstool:start item=NUM >" start of item NUM
"< rsstool:end item=NUM >" end of item NUM
These tags will be replaced with a "< !--" and a "-- >" if
the item NUM is empty
"< rsstool:updated >" rsstool notice (Thank You!)
--property=FILENAME output feed(s) into a property file
NAME is "title", "url", etc..
NUM is an integer counting the items
VALUE is the content
· MySQL Client 4.1.x
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds --php to produce output as PHP code (Array ()).
- added PHP code that shows how the feeds collected by RSStool can be used in own sites
- some small bugfixes
- made all old versions of the ANSI SQL script structure selectable for backwards compat.
- added --google-news[=SEARCH] generate RSS feed from Google/News and remove Google redirects from the links (default: latest news)
- added flags for Movies, Pictures or both RSS feed items to --xxx hack
- added --google=SEARCH generate RSS feed from Google SEARCH
- updated/fixed all hacks
- added --href output only the links as plain text
- added --parse=FILE|URL generate RSS feed from random HTML document
- added --wget use wget for downloading