Pylons is a web framework aimed at making web applications and large programmatic website development in Python easy. Several key points:
* A framework to make writing web applications in Python easy
* Utilizes a minimalist, component-based philosophy that makes it easy to expand on
* Harness existing knowledge about Python
Knowing Python makes Pylons easy
Pylons makes it easy to expand on your knowledge of Python to master Pylons for web development. Using a MVC style dispath, Python knowledge is used at various levels:
* The Controller is just a basic Python class, called for each request. Customizing the response is as easy as overriding __call__ to make your webapp work how you want.
* Mako templating compiles directly to Python byte-code for speed and utilizes Python for template control rather than creating its own template syntax for "for, while, etc"