Aims to be a generic syntax highlighter
Pygments aims to be a generic syntax highlighter for general use in all kinds of software such as forum systems, wikis or other applications that need to prettify source code.
- a wide range of common languages and markup formats is supported
- special attention is paid to details that increase quality by a fair amount
- support for new languages and formats are added easily
- a number of output formats is available, presently HTML, RTF, LaTeX and ANSI sequences
- it is usable as a command-line tool and as a library
- ... and it highlights even Brainf*ck!