ProZilla is a download accelerator for Linux which gives you a 200% to 300% improvement in your file downloading speeds.
Here are some key features of "ProZilla":
· Supports FTP & HTTP including redirection (ProZilla & ProzGUI).
· Resume Supported (ProZilla & ProzGUI).
· Complete acceleration: The file will be downloaded as fast as possible as your bandwidth allows if not otherwise specified (ProZilla & ProzGUI).
· Unlike certain other download accelerators available for Linux, this really works.
· The number of connections that prozilla uses can be specified (ProZilla & ProzGUI).
· FTPsearch support now permits fetching Mirror locations and pinging them and selecting the fastest server is automatically done (ProZilla & ProzGUI).
· Downloading the same file in parts from several servers at once to increase speed (ProzGUI).
Unpack the tarball using tar -xzvf prozilla-xxx.tar.gz , where xxx is the version number, if you downloaded prozilla-1.3.6, then you would type tar -xzvf prozilla-1.3.6.tar.gz.
Then please change to the unpacked ProZilla directory, and execute the configure script by typing, ./configure from the ProZilla directory to configure the package.
Once the configure process is finished, please type, make to compile the package. To install the package, please become root and type, make install which would install the files in the /usr/local/bin directory by default. The default installation directory can be changed by the --prefix option supplied to configure(like ./configure --prefix=/usr )
The syntax will be, `proz < URL >`, where < URL > is the file you wish to download.
For example, `proz http://genesys.ro/downloads/prozilla/tarballs/prozilla-1.3.6.tar.gz` will connect to to the server genesys.ro and download prozilla-1.3.6.tar.gz with the default number of connections (defined in /etc/prozillarc or ~/.prozillarc).
Note: Recussive downloads are not supported, so using `proz http://genesys.ro/downloads/prozilla/tarballs/*` will not work.