Prestan software is a WebDAV server performance test suite that allows you comprehensively measure the performance of WebDAV server.
WebDAV Methods include:
* Property manipulation:
- PROPPATCH (single/multiple) properties on single resource.
- PROPFIND (single/multiple, dead/live) properties on single resource.
* Resource management:
- PUT (small/medium/large) resources
- GET (small/medium/large) resources
* Namespace management:
- COPY single resource/collection
- MOVE single resource/collection
- LOCK/UNLOCK exclusive locks
- ACL set single resource/collection
- ACL get single resource/collection
- ACL set multi resource/collection
WebFolder Methods include:
- GET resource
- PUT resource
- COPY single resource
- MOVE single resource
- DELETE single resource
- OPEN a Co-Authoring resource
- CLOSE a Co-Authoring resource
- MOUNT a server at client side
WebDAV is an extension to HTTP that allows remote collaborative authoring of Web resources, defined in RFC 2518.
Prestan code is based on neon library.
Installation from Source
- From CVS you need this:
-- Need autoconf 2.51 or later version.
-- Run autogen.sh to generate configure script
On a RedHat 7.3 system there are two versions of autoconf installed. Sadly, the old one is the default. You'll need to tell autogen which autoconf scripts to run:
AUTOHEADER=autoheader-2.53 AUTOCONF=autoconf-2.53 ./autogen.sh
- Get Prestan-x-x-x.tar.gz.
- configure; make; make install
- Set --with-debug when you do configure to see debug info.
- If you compile Prestan with debug option, it is NOT running as a daemon mode for debugging convenience.