Pongo is an MSN Instant Messenger client written in VisualWorks Smalltalk.
Here are some key features of "Pongo":
· Assign permanent nicknames to contacts
· See when someone closes their conversation window
· Sign in with any status you want (eg away, busy, on the phone ...)
· See a graph showing when people are usually online
· Keep an event log of when people sign in and out
· Keep the conversation history even when you close the conversation window
· Save conversations, the raw traffic log or the event log
· Binary compatible on every platform. No need to recompile
What's New in This Release:
· Activity profile window - See when your friends are going to be online next.
· Pongo will now try to re-invite a contact into a conversation if you try to send him a message after he left (this is one of those "it just does the right thing" things).
· Automatically sign in again if the connection drops. Turn this on in the preferences window.
· Minor bug fix: When the notification window is closed, Pongo now closes all coversations, too.
· You can click the little smiley in the bottom corner to pop up a dialog to insert an emote.
· Major bug fix: Pongo would sometime eat 100% of the processor usage! The culprit was a faulty test for a remote disconnect that sent the connection thread into a 200 mile/hour read loop
· Added "Appear offline" to list of possible initial logon states. This way you can login without making a sound.