PloneTestCase is a project developed to simplify testing of Plone and Plone-based applications and products.
PloneTestCase is a thin layer on top of the ZopeTestCase package.
The PloneTestCase package provides:
· The function 'installProduct' to install a Zope product into the test environment.
· The function 'setupPloneSite' to create a Plone portal in the test db. Note: 'setupPloneSite' accepts an optional 'products' argument, which allows you to specify a list of products that will be added to the portal using the quickinstaller tool. Since 0.8.2 you can also pass an 'extension_profiles' argument to import GS extension profiles.
· The class 'PloneTestCase' of which to derive your test cases.
· The class 'FunctionalTestCase' of which to derive your test cases for functional unit testing.
· The classes 'Sandboxed' and 'Functional' to mix-in with your own test cases.
· The constants 'portal_name', 'portal_owner', 'default_policy', 'default_products', 'default_base_profile', 'default_extension_profiles', 'default_user', and 'default_password'.
· The constant 'PLONE21' which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 2.1.
· The constant 'PLONE25' which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 2.5.
· The constant 'PLONE30' which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 3.0.
· The module 'utils' which contains all utility functions from the ZopeTestCase package.
· Python 2.1
· Zope 2.6
· Plone 2.0
· ZopeTestCase 0.9.9
What's New in This Release:
· Improved support for the local component registry.
· We now register it right after it has been created in Plone >= 3.0, as it is needed durin site setup.
· We also set the portal as a site whenever it is accessed to get CMF skin acquisition to work.