PlonePAS is a product which allows the use of the PluggableAuthService in Plone.
PlonePAS allows the use of the PluggableAuthService in Plone, with support for migration of some existing user folder setups.
This product adapts the PluggableAuthService for use by Plone. PAS is a UserFolder replacement that allows any part of its functionality to be augmented or replaced by simple plugins. The architecture allows for customizers to adapt any aspect of membership—memberdata, groups, roles, user, authentication strategy and many other aspects of user data source integration. It is also shared between Zope Corp. products, CPS and now Plone.
Here are some key features of "PromoEngine":
· NTLM Authentication (automatically signing into a system if you are on a windows domain)
· Mixing and matching group sources (ZODB/RDBMS/LDAP) with user sources (ZODB/RDBMS/LDAP)
· Handling properties in an RDBMS system
· Being able to know if a property is mutable in the datasource (only available in PlonePAS)
· Search based interface for users/groups
· Ability to easily add custom behavior by simply adding a plugin and turning it on
What's New in This Release:
· This is a bugfix and security release for the 2.x branch of PlonePAS.