Pigalle comes from PIcture GALLEry and is a slick web based photo album written in PHP 5. With Pigalle you can easily create and maintain albums of photos via an intuitive interface. A great combination of simplicity and powerful features!
You just upload your files to your server and Pigalle will generate thumbnails for images. Visitors can choose their preferred image resolution and images will get generated on the fly.
Generated images are cached on the server's filesystem and all meta-information like album description, image information, and user settings are stored in a database system. A back-end administration interface helps to manage the files, edit the descriptions and so on, making it very easy and convenient.
As Pigalle is based on the Sourdough framework, you are able to use any of the following database systems for operation: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MSSQL, and many more coming up soon.
Pigalle also does support various different image transformation libraries.
Here are some key features of "Pigalle":
· Fully customizable layout and interface (skins support, template based)
· automated image generation
· thumbnail and image caching
· album overview with album description, favorite image thumbnail, date. Browsable by previous/next bar.
· easy to use image browser
· Displays EXIF information for each image
· image order: default / filename / recording date / file size / last modified
· album order: album start date / album name / album title / album end date / last changed / custom order
· multi-language support with automatic language detection
· rotation of images, including EXIF-autorotation
· BBcode support in descriptions
· User administration interface
· Ability to create multiple moderator and administration users
· full-screen slideshow, custom sized slideshow
· Apache webserver (Pigalle works on both Apache 1.3.xx or 2.0.x.)
· MySQL 4.0.x database or later version
· PHP 5 or later version
· ImageMagick (recommended!)
· PECL/imagick ImageMagick wrapper
· GD library
What's New in This Release:
· This release finally fixes the annoying image order bug.