Phraw is a micro-framework for web applications and websites. Phraw has a very small footprint, is extremely flexible and very fast. The license is the New BSD.
This framework is ideal when you only need to bootstrap a small and fast web site or web application in a short amount of time.
Here are some key features of "Phraw":
· Very small and lighweight core - only 6.9 KB (130 lines of code)!
· Flexible - you have the full control of the application
· Very fast to learn - documented code and examples (more guides and recipes will be published soon)
· It leverages Smarty, the best template engine for PHP (...and you can change it if you want)
· Flexible urls - great for SEO!
· Template caching - with Smarty
· MVCP pattern - Model View Control Presenter, but also MVC or VCP and VC!
· Detection and correction of the trailing slash - useful for SEO
· Client error headers
· Success headers
· Bulk route - a flexible way to route a lot of similar pages in one shot
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Rain TPL template engine: very fast but also very simple, session handling customizable and replaceable, 3 routing methods (equal comparison, regular expression, and regular expression in parentheses like Django), custom routing, tree route (a flexible way to route through a hierarchy of pages in one shot), full documentation, and unit tests.