PersonalSearchProxy is a program that caches the Web pages you browse and allows you to quickly search through your viewing history and view pages as you saw them then.
PersonalSearchProxy project is like a combination between the Internet Archive and a search engine, but only for the pages you've seen. Implemented as an HTTP proxy, it is compatible with all Web browsers.
· Perl 5.6.0
· MySQL, 3.23.23 (?) or greater
· Edit PersonalSearchProxy.pl in your favourite text editor, and edit the database settings between "CONFIGURATION VARIABLES START HERE" and "CONFIGURATION VARIABLES STOP HERE".
· Make sure MySQL is running, that your database exists and that the script will be able to access the server.
· Run ./PersonalSearchProxy.pl -i to create the database tables.
· Run ./PersonalSearchProxy.pl to start the proxy.
· Point your web browser to use proxy localhost, port 1980
· Start browsing
· To search your history, access the special address http://personal_search/
What's New in This Release:
· This release drops indexes on the cache table to speed up inserts.
· It adds a quick-search archive table.
· The cleanup script has been merged into the main program.
· An upgrade option (-u) has been added.
· This release has a better distribution layout.
· YAML is used for the configuration file.