Paperboy RSS aims to be the most powerful open-source news aggregator. Paperboy RSS works as a collection of tools for parsing XML through a base program and formatting it with XSLT. It uses XSLT letting you effectively transform XML documents into any literally text format. What does this mean? Simple, Paperboy can read any feed (or other XML) format and output any format.
Paperboy is designed so that it has a very wide user audience. Both everyday users wanting to keep up on political blogs and seasoned webmasters wanting to have their page generated from their feeds hourly can benefit from it.
Paperboy is designed so that the core components are in a base program, and then extension programs (like Paperboy-GUI or the daemon) are provided for specific user needs. This makes the code easier to maintain and also makes it easier to use just the parts you want without all the bloat of a shambling behemoth.
Here are some key features of "Paperboy RSS":
· Use XSLT to output in any format
· A simple and easy-to-use GUI for everyday use
· Daemon program to update feeds automatically
· A clean command line interface for the base program
What's New in This Release:
· Truly final clean up (corrected version numbers)
· Official "version 1" press release