PHP Gift Registry is a a Web-enabled database that allows members to keep track of the gifts they'd like to receive and see what items other members would like to receive. Private reservations ensure gifts are not bought twice.
Here are some key features of "PHP Gift Registry":
· A single unifying view of items on your own list and people whose lists you can view.
· A now-optional request/permit system by which you can control who can see your list.
· A "checkin/checkout" system which allows you to reserve items on someone's list.
· An in-system messaging system by which users can be informed of item deletions or custom announcements.
· New users can request accounts. Optionally, administrators will be informed about the request, and they can then approve or reject the request. Either way, the user will be informed by e-mail.
· A site-customizable ranking system for items.
· An events system for users to add significant (read: gift-bearing) events which will show up on others' displays when the event nears.
· Apache 1.3.x or Apache 2.x or later
· PHP 4.x or later. (register_globals = Off is okay, too.)
· MySQL 3.x or later
· An operating system capable of running all of the above
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is almost a complete rewrite, split into separate code/template pages using Smarty.
· It uses Twitter Bootstrap and Bootswatch for the theme, so you can easily replace the theme.
· It works great on mobile, and adds image support.