OpenVISP Admin 0.96
OpenVISP Admin is a fork of Postfix Admin.
As administrator of a highly centralized and industrial grade hosting system, I need some webinterface to update data on a SQL database.
First I have used Postfix Admin to manage mail data but I was looking for more specialized system that is not a system that takes hours and is not configurable...
So I have started to modify Postfix Admin to suits my needs and so on.
Why OpenVISP Admin ?
I don't like 3 things on current Postfix Admin :
· The new license that has moved from MPL 1.1 to another proprietary one
· The bloody webforums and the fact that no authors was interested by my patches
· No CVS / CVSweb to see changes between versions
So this is basicaly why I have started a fork of Postfix Admin.
Here are some key features of "OpenVISP Admin":
· Quota enforcement
· Domain aliases
· Antivirus Checkbox when creating domain
· Antispam Checkbox when creating domain
· Sender / Domain verification checkboxes when creating domain
· GreyListing Checkbox when creating domain
· Spam Assassing Tag
· Spam Assassin Tag score value
· Tranport value when domain is backup MX
· Be more user friendly eg one login password with rights to get what he is allowed to
· Allow Postmasters to get access to APC Masterswitch
· To be done :
· Adding mod_vhs option for FTP and Web servicing purposes
· Allow postmaster to modify per aliases and per mailboxes SA values, etc..
· Allow user to modify their SA values on their mailboxes but also on their aliases
· Allow users to see their weblogs
· Allow users to search in logs for rejected messages and the reason why
· Redesign auth system to be more flexible.
How will this works ?
All the web interface will store data into MySQL (or PostgreSQL but this is not tested, I need some testers for that). The data is replicated and interfaced to a LDAP with a back_perl.
The back_perl scripts will be released when OpenVISP Admin 1.0 will be released.
What's New in This Release:
· The setup of all directories has been changed to be more clear about docs and contrib.
· lmtpd filtering options have been added.
· There is a new module to handle Web and FTP hosting.
· Some parts of the Web interface have been changed.
· More security checks have been added.
· There are many other new features.