Open Validator is a software that verifies and corrects many aspects of conformance of Web sites to standards of Internet best practices such as W3C WCAG and ISO/IEC 23026:2006 - Software Engineering - Recommended Practice for the Internet - Web Site Engineering, Web Site Management, and Web Site Life Cycle (Ingénierie du logiciel — Pratique recommandée pour Internet — Ingénierie du site web, management du site web, et cycle de vie du site web).
Here are some key features of "Open Validator":
· Verification of a single page or entire web site at your option;
· HTML Validation against W3C DTDs and WHATWG (X)HTML5 pre-release schemas;
· Automatic checking and correction of many aspects of conformance to international best practices;
· Visualization of a snapshot with a given character encoding (the user agent is also chosen in order to present the specific version originally intended to be seen in a given web browser);
· Complete verification of links.
· Automatic correction of missing widths and heights of images to enable better responsiveness of web pages;
· Automatic correction of missing meta tags elements like default language and metadata;
· Support for web pages in Chinese, Japanese, Korean and many other languages.
· Performance optimization for multi-core processors.
· Validation during navigation.
· Application of standards during revalidation.
· Memory revalidation with no need to make all corrections of a web page at once (users may correct small portions of the code and see the results pressing F5).
· HTML Tidy accessibility check.
· Balloon tooltips for contextual help.
· Recursive validation for frames.
· Proxy support.
· Site map detection in 51 languages.
· Exportation of reports to HTML
· Bypass selected paths when using recursive options
· Exportation of reports to ODF
· Memorization of login in protected parts of sites
· Command line tool for unassisted report generation
· SSL support
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New feature: added configuration options for CSS validation