Online Library Application (OLA) project is a Web-based library system for small/medium organizations (books, videos, etc.).
The software allows users to browse the library collection over the Internet, and allows authorized persons to manage sign in and sign out procedures, resource adds and updates, and data backups.
It was originally written for a non-profit organization to manage their resource library.
Here are some key features of "Online Library Application":
· internet based
· highly graphical
· compatible with Netscape and Windows browsers
· suitable for tracking many types of resources (books, magazines, videos, music, etc.)
· can store a large amount of data about each resource
· borrowers do not have to set up an account
· stores minimal information about borrowers--just the bare essentials
· simple database export function
· template based for easy configuration/customization
· optional gzip compressed output to save on bandwidth
· although designed for small organizations, catalog should scale well to millions of entries
· PHP 4
· MySQL (any version within the past 3 years should work)
· can work with many other databases with minor adjustments to SQL statements and ADODB settings
What's New in This Release:
· no longer requires register_globals = On in PHP.ini
· set default values for variables to prevent PHP warnings
· duplicate function declaration in ADODB was causing PHP error
· set default error reporting level to PHP default New Features
· added paging tool to search results