NaviServer is a high performance web server written in C and Tcl.
NaviServer can be easily extended in either language to create interesting web sites and services.
What's New in This Release:
· HTTP Range requests for streaming media and resuming downloads
· Full Chunked encoding support for Fastpath, Adp and Tcl scripts
· Using temporary files for large uploads when content exceeds pre-configured maxsize parameter
· New spooler thread for handling large file uploads
· New ns_upload_stats command to gather upload statistics
· Added ns_conn responseversion to manually set response protocol and version to have full control about returned HTTP format
· Add C-level support for TclVFS (all IO on files done with Tcl wrappers)
· Add new command ns_atprestartup.
· Add new command ns_runonce which ensures that the given script is run only once, either globally or per virtual server, during the lifetime of the server process.
· New autogen/TEA3 compatible configuration
· Add new command ns_logctl severity
· Added many new test (this is an evolving effort)
· Added support of binder as a separate process
· Added ns_info started and ns_info shutdownpending commands
· Add new Tcl command ns_register_fastpath
· Added Tcl interface to C-level cache routines.
· Added first traces of documentation based on Tcl doctools
· New simplified deployment directory structure
· New function Ns_ConnPrintfHeaders() for adding NTTP headers in printf style
· Allocate interps efficiently, max 1 per-thread per-server
· Add Ns_TclLogErrorInfo and allow admin to configure which conenction headers to log for Tcl errors
· Remove ns_markfordelete command and roll into ns_ictl as ns_ictl markfordelete
· Make Tcl send panic messages to the server log.