Nalanda project is a PHP library management system.
It supports common library functions such as issuing and returning books and user management.
It also provides statistics such as the number of books issued and fines collected for a particular day or for a period of days.
Users can log in using a browser and search for books and retrieve details on their loans, including the renewal and isued dates and fines payable.
Here are some key features of "Nalanda":
· Nalanda is a full fledged Online Library suitable for use at Universities,Libraries etc.
· Using Nalanda books common library functins like issuing and returning books,adding users etc can be done easily.
· In addition to these Nalanda also provides statistics (like total books issued,total fine collected) for a particular day or for a period of days.
· Users can login using a browser and search for books and can find all the details about the books issued to them including the renewal and isued dates and fine payable if any.
· The search facility in Nalanda is very advanced and supports wildcards. For example typing elec% at the title field retrives information about all books whose title starts with elec.
· Nalanda was written with special emphasis on security.
· Nalanda is flexible,user friendly and easy to maintain and uses the minimum resources
· Apache web server.
· A working installation of PHP (version 4.1.0 or later), with the following features enabled (most PHP installations these days will have all of these):
· GD library with support PNG format
· Sessions support
· MySQL database server