MyOODB (My Object-Oriented Database) is an integrated database and Web environment that provides true distributed objects, explicit/implicit multi-concurrent nested transactions, seamless Web tunneling, and database self-healing.
MyOODB is one part of a two part SDK solution. Together with MyOOWEB, MyOOSDK provides a development environment for people who desire small, fast, but powerful applications.
Here are some key features of "MyOODB":
· 100% Java
· Fastest Truly distributed OODB
· Supports True distributed objects
· Supports True distributed transactions
· Supports Implicit/Explicit transactions
· Supports Seamless high speed Web Service access
· Supports Database Self-Healing and Corruption-Isolation
· Supports Multi-concurrent nested transactions with rollback
· Supports Blocking reads/writes, plus dirty reads and mighty writes
· Supports Multi-Inheritance through managed object delegation
· Database size is only limited by disk space
· Official MyOODB API (True Distributed/Transactional API)
· Simple SQL interface
· Simple Java Bean conversion to/from MyOODB objects
· Jython CLI with command line completion (Cool Stuff!)
· Move txObject ATK into the 21 century to create a C++ MyOODB version.
· Support access and conversion between Java and C++ MyOODB objects.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release addresses some ORM mapping issues with respect to the Oracle database, most notably the XML type.
· It also fixes a restart issue when an unscheduled power-loss has occurred and an application is configured to use MyOODB's ORM layer instead of native OODB.