My Address Book 1.2
My Address Book is a Web-based contact list program.
Add, delete, and edit functions can be password protected using htaccess. Complete style control using CSS.
Here are some key features of "My Address Book":
· Add an unlimited number of contacts.
· Easy to use and read.
· Specify your own colors.
· Use your own template.
· web server (only tested on UNIX and LINUX)
· Perl 5.8.0 (may work with others)
1. Put all of these files under your cgi-bin (or other executable web directory). If you just unzip the zip file inside the cgi-bin folder, it will create a classifieds folder inside the cgi-bin directory.
2. Now give all cgi and pm files executable permissions. To do this from commandline on a UNIX/Linux server, do "chmod 755 *.cgi protected/*.cgi". If you do not have commandline access or are on a Windows server, you should have access to a control panel of some sort which will allow you to change the permissions of these files.
3. Edit lib/sitevariables.pm to match your needs. This file holds all the information about My Address Book that might vary from server to server. It also has many options like fonts and colors that you can change to customize your site.
4. You may need to modify the first line of index.cgi, protected/add.cgi, and protected/edit.cgi to point to where perl is located on your server.
#!/usr/bin/perl (most common)
#!/soft/script/bin/perl (for users in web.utk.edu/~username/cgi-bin/)
Fire up your browser and point it at the index.cgi script. Good Luck! Email me if you use it!
What's New in This Release:
· Completely restyled to use CSS.