Mozilla Firefox project is a redesign of Mozilla's browser component, written using the XUL user interface language and designed to be cross-platform.
The Firefox browser is a fast, small and very easy to use browser that offers many advantages over other web browsers, such as the ability to block pop-up windows and the tabbed browsing experience.
Here are some key features of "Mozilla Firefox":
· comprehensive popup controls to keep unwanted advertising off your desktop;
· a tab browsing mode that lets you open several pages in a single window, allowing you to load links in the background without leaving the page you're on;
· integrated search (powered by Google);
· industry leading accessibility with Find As You Type - find links and page text by simply typing;
· simplified privacy controls that let you cover your tracks more effectively;
· a streamlined browser window that lets you see more of the page than any other browser while at the same time being more configurable;
· a large variety of free downloadable extensions and themes that add specific functionality and visual changes to the browser.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· WebRTC is now enabled by default!
· HTML5 audio/video playback rate can now be changed
· Social services management implemented in Add-ons Manager
· asm.js optimizations (OdinMonkey) enabled for major performance improvements
· Improved WebGL rendering performance through asynchronous canvas updates
· Plain text files displayed within Firefox will now word-wrap
· For user security, the |Components| object is no longer accessible from web content
· Improved memory usage and display time when rendering images
· Pointer Lock API can now be used outside of fullscreen
· CSS3 Flexbox implemented and enabled by default
· New Web Notifications API implemented
· New built-in font inspector
· New HTML5 and elements
· Scrolling using some high-resolution-scroll aware touchpads feels slow (829952)