Monkey Boards is a small, fast, and efficient message board systems to enable smaller Web sites to build virtual online communities where users post and reply to messages.
Compared with other projects, this defining purpose Monkey Boards much more clearer and to-the-point.
The project is different from other similar solutions mainly because it uses an SQLite database, whereas the majority currently require a MySQL server to be running somewhere. It will output clean and valid XHTML pages with external CSS stylesheets.
1. Copy everything in /upload to a directory on your web server.
2. Browse to it with your web browser, e.g. http://mydomain.com/monkeyboards/.
3. You should see the "Monkey Boards Installation" page. Follow the instructions.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Got search working!
· Removed defunct styles; left with simply 'default' only
· Removed temporary compiled files from 0.3.8 release; stops error
· Handles error when include/engine/compiled is not writeable
· Set correct chmod on files (hopefully?)
· Added some 'cancel' button to various page -> still need to clean this up!
· Various minor bug fixes and cosmetic errors