A photo gallery script written in PHP, with an emphasis on simplicity, ease of installation and usage.
It works on the principle that you create one folder for each photo album, and you put the pictures you want into that folder. The script does the rest.
MicroAlbum offers some customisation features to let you change the look and feel of the album; you can add your own stylesheet, and customise the headers and footers.
· Download and place the script in your web folder.
· Open the script and set base_folder, gen_folder and admin_pass.
· Create your albums, one per folder, inside base_folder.
· Create gen_folder, and ensure that the web server can write to it.
· All done!
Full Installation Guide
1. Download the micralbum.php script and save it somewhere in your webspace.
2. Open up the script in a text editor. At the top of the script you should be able to configure the script to suit. As a bare minimum, you should set:
- base_folder, the full path to the folder that contains your photo albums
- gen_folder, where generated previews and thumbnails go.
IMPORTANT: THIS FOLDER MUST BE INSIDE base_folder!!!
- admin_pass, required for editing albums and pictures.
3. Make sure that gen_folder exists in base_folder, and that the user that the web server runs as can write to this folder. For example, if your web server runs as user www, and that user is in group www, then this is advisable:
# mkdir generated/
# chgrp www generated/
# chmod g+w generated/
This creates the folder 'generated', changes it's group to www, and then allows users in group www to write to it. This will allow the webserver to save your thumbnail, previews and album data in this folder.
4. That's it. Now go to the page in a web browser and check that it works.
- Just One File, minimal configuration and installation required
- Just create a folder of images for each album, simplicity itself
- Automatic building/rebuilding of thumbnails and previews
- Customisable CSS, html header and footer
- 'Most popular images' smart-album
- Rotate individual images, add captions
- Sort albums by date, filename or custom order
- Password protected administration functions
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed a bug in the JSON album listing