Magic Thumb 1.2
Here are some key features of "Magic Thumb":
· Enjoyable - clever effect that people enjoy using.
· Fast - the large images download after the page has fully loaded.
· Easy - integrate it into your website in minutes.
· Customizable - change the speed, keyboard behaviour, colors.
One reason why Magic Thumb is popular is that the user stays on the same page. You don't need to load a new page or use popup windows. It just loads immediately on click.
The user experience is rich - people like the web 2.0 lightbox enlarge effect. Users appreciate that it is immediate - the large image enlarges on click without waiting for it to download. This gives a better experience than waiting (as with an AJAX lightbox that requests images on demand).
You can display an unlimited number of images on a page. Large images have large file sizes, so be sure to compress your images with a good ratio of size to quality (aim for a JPEG filesize of 30-70kb). You can use JPEG, PNG or GIF.
Two images are required for Magic Thumb™ - one large image (about 300-450 pixels high) and one thumbnail image (roughly 120px wide or 90px high works well).
It's easy to add Magic Thumb to your website:
1. Download Magic Thumb - buy the full version or get the demo version.
2. Upload 2 files to your website: magicthumb-packed.js and magicthumb.css.
3. Reference the 2 files in the of your page.
4. Reference your small image using < img > and link the image using < a > to your big image using the class of "MagicThumb".
What's New in This Release:
· improved background fading effect;
· fixed overlapping with Flash files;
· fixed control bar flickering;
· default image position changed to centre.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!