MBSE Bulletin Board System 0.82.0
MBSE Bulletin Board System is a full Fidonet-capable ANSI BBS package.
The mailer supports the FTS-0001, YooHoo/2U2, EMSI protocols over modem, and the TCP/IP Binkp and IFC protocols, Zedzap, Zmodem, Telink, and Hydra file transfer protocols. Full FTN mail support, including automatic routing for hub and host systems, is included. A Fidonet/Internet gateway is also built-in. The internal mail format is JAM (c) messagebase, and there is full tic file support, including extended tic files.
Here are some key features of "MBSE Bulletin Board System":
· Linux intel 486 and better CPU's.
· Linux Sparc.
· Linux Alpha (not fully tested).
· Linux HP-PARISC, tested with Debian 3.0 and Slackware (homebrew).
· Linux PPC.
· FreeBSD, tested with FreeBSD 5.3.
· NetBSD, tested on a Sun Sparcstation 2.
· 32 and 64 bit systems.
The BBS supports:
· ANSI menus.
· Standard filetransfer protocols: Zmodem, Ymodem, Xmodem.
· Writes door.sys and door32.sys files in several formats.
· Native Linux doors.
· DOS doors supported via DosEmu.
· Telnet support using it's own login program.
· BlueWave and QWK offline readers.
· Users have their own home directories with quota support.
· Users can have their own email address and have private mail boxes.
· Multilanguage support, currently English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish and Galego.
· Support for FTS-0001, YooHoo/2U2, EMSI, EMSI-II over modem/ISDN and TCP/IP.
· Zmodem, ZedZap, Telink and Hydra file transfer protocols.
· Support for binkp/1.1 (IBN), ifcico (IFC) and telnet (ITN) TCP/IP protocols.
· Support for passive FTP connections.
· Support for nodes private outbound boxes.
· Support for T-Mail style file boxes.
· Can be used together with other Binkley style outbound mailers (but why).
· Outbound manager to create polls, attach files, request files etc.
· Automatic selection of the cheapest connection method.
· Zlib compression for Hydra and Binkp protocols to increase throughput.
· Binkp GZ and BZ2 compression protocols.
· Support for the ICM nodelist flag, FSP-1033.
· Full FidoNet(r) mail support.
· Automatic routing for node/hub/host systems, manual routing is available.
· Internal mail format is JAM (c) messagebase.
· TIC file support including extended TIC files and long filename support.
· Netmail email gateway.
· Echomail news gateway.
· Can send messages in *.msg format.
· Support for UUCP newstransport.
· Nodelist diff processor and compiler.
· Filefind (Allfix) and newfiles announce utility.
· Allfiles list utility.
· Maintenance programs for file- and message areas.
· Post utility to automatic post messages.
· HTTP and FTP support for download areas.
· NNTP support so that registered users can use echomail with a news client.
· Macro templates to create a personal look for posted messages and html pages.
What's New in This Release:
· Major feature enhancements