Locked Area 6.4
Locked Area is a highly sophisticated password protection and membership management system written in Perl.
Locked Area uses Apache's .htaccess and .htpasswd along with DES randomised salt or MD5 encryption of passwords for increased security. It also includes a member's database that lets the administrator maintain a mailing list along with the member's area.
Locked Area includes tools to allow your member's to modify their account information, change their password, remove their account or request a new random password. Included in the administration panel is a powerful member's area statistics system which lets the administrator see which users are logging in most often and view the top IP addresses, web browsers and referrers amongst others.
- Signup Features:
- Automated registration system.
- Signup form input validation and error checking.
- Checks if email address is in valid format.
- Checks all fields are completed.
- Checks if desired username is already in use..
- Checks to see if the email used for signup is already used for another account. (No multiple registrations).
- Password confirmation field.
- Username must be greater than 5 characters in length.
- Password must be greater than 5 characters in length.
- Confirmation password field (must enter password twice).
- System sends email to the registra with a confirmation email once they've completed registration.
- If wanted, Locked Area Lite can send an email notification to the administrator when a new user registers.
- Three custom form fields of types; textbox, textarea, radio and checkbox. Radio and checkbox allow five custom choices/options.
- Field(s) can be required or optional.
- Optional URL input validation (checks for http:// prefix).
- Registration online/offline facility to allow the administrator to close the registration from and stop new registrations.
- Fully template based frontend for easy modification and customisation.
- Member Features:
- User Account Manager Interface allows users to modify their account details, remove their account, change their password or request a new password.
- details.cgi script that displays a user's account details in member's area content via SSI (Server Side Includes).
- Administration Features:
- User view/list/search tool (supports wildcard searching and individual field searching).
- Account removal tool (individually or in bulk).
- Bulk email facility (individually or in bulk). Includes data import tags for more personalised messages (e.g. Dear %name%).
- Powerful member's area statistics system.
- All configuration is done via the administration panel.
- Other Notable Features:
- DES randomised salt password encryption for increased security.
- Passwords held in member's database are encrypted for extra security.
- File locking for extra security.
- Easy customisation of fonts and colours etc... (All done from administration panel).
- Notification facility for administrator so they know when a user has removed themselves from the member's area.
- .htpasswd file can anywhere you want rather than just in the member's area directory.
- Capable of handling over 25,000 members.
- Fast, friendly and free online support.
- Over 125,000 downloads of Locked Area Lite so it is fully bug tested.
- Powerful installation wizard. It even detects the paths for you.
- Locked Area Pro Features:
- Email validation/account activation facility (verifies email address is valid and active).
- Administrator account validation (user cannot access member's area until verified by administrator).
- Backup system (create database and log file backups).
- .htaccess and .htpasswd re-build tool.
- Failed login tool and statistics.
- Simple upgrade tool, all you have to do is pay us $50 USD, and the software upgrades automatically, within seconds!
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This is considered the most stable release to date.
- It resolves all known bugs in the version 6.3 beta.