KParts Plugin implements a plugin for Netscape-compatible browsers in a Unix environment. This plugin uses KDE's KParts technology to embed file viewers (e.g. for PDF files) into non-KDE browsers. Tested browsers include both Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
With this plugin, you can e.g. view PDF files in Firefox using Okular as an embedded plugin.
By default, the plugin will be installed into /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins/. To change the installation directory, modify variable PLUGIN_INSTALL_DIR in file kpartsplugin/CMakeLists.txt.
Depend on which file types you want to view:
* Okular to view PDF and PostScript files
* KOffice (KWord, KSpread, ...) for OpenDocument files
* Dragonplayer for most multimedia files
· KDE Software Compilation
· Keyboard focus does not work.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Applying patch by Arno Rehn to avoid blacklisting in Oxygen-transparent style