JpGraph makes it easy to draw both "quick and dirty" graphs with a minimum of code and complex professional graphs which requires a very fine grain control.
The library assigns context sensitive default values for most of the parameters which minimizes the learning curve. The features are there when you need it - they don't get in your way. The JpGraph library also comes wih very extensive documentation.
Here are some key features of "JpGraph":
· Web-friendly, average image size for a 300*200 image is around 2K and images are seldomly bigger than 4-5K
· Support for both GD1 and GD2 The library will autodetect which library is installed.
· Automatic generation of client side image maps to make it possible to generate drill-down graphs.
· Advanced interpolation with cubic splines to get smooth curves from just a few data points.
· Advanced support to add text to images with multi-line paragraphs and formatting support in several TTF fonts.
· Support for alpha blending
· has over 200+ built in Country flags
· Support automatic timing of images.
· Supports adding arbitrary lines and filled areas (with patterns) to plots
· Supports several plot types,spider-plots, pie-charts (both 2d and 3d) , scatter-plots, line-plots, filled line-plots, accumulated line-plots, bar plots, accumulated bar plots, grouped bar plots, error plots, line error plots, box plots, stock plots
· Supports advanced Gantt-charts (ex1, ex2)
· Flexible scales, supports text-lin, text-log, lin-lin, lin-log, log-lin and log-log
· Supports integer scale (labels are restricted to integers).
· Supports both PNG, GIF and JPG graphic formats. and can automatically choose the best available graphic format. Note that the available formats are dependent on the specific PHP installation where the library is used.
· Support various layout with a background image behind the plot
· Supports horizontal bar graphs
· Supports scientific plots
· More than 400 named colors
· Several possible axis positions
· Supports caching (with timeout) of generated graphs to lessen burden of a HTTP server.
· Intelligent autoscaling which gravitates towards aesthetical values.
· Fully supports manual scaling, with fine grain control of position of ticks
· Several different fill styles for line plots
· Supports up to two different y-scales, it is possible to have different left and right y-scale and add plots to both
· Supports unlimited number of plots in each graph, makes it easy to compose complex graph which consists of several plot types
· Designed as a flexible OO framework which makes it easy to add new types of plots
· Supports anti-aliasing of lines, more ...
· Supports color-gradient fill for bar graphs
· Supports automatic legend generation with user supplied format.
· Supports both vertical and horizontal grids (with image depth specification)
· Supports both on-the fly image generation and batch processing.
· Includes graph module to make it very easy to draw arbitrary shapes using custom scale on a canvas including Bezier-curves with full support for all the features of JpGraph (including caching and timeout).x
· Barcode generation The professional version includes a Barcode module that makes it easy to generate barcodes in all commonly used symbologies.
· Designed modularly - you don't have to include code which isn't used. JpGraph Architecture Block diagram
· extensive documentation with both a 150 pages tutorial and an extensive class reference.
· ... and many, many more features
What's New in This Release:
· This release fixes some problems with incorrect handling of small slices in PiePlots and some other minor issues.