JRex is a Java Web browser component with a set of APIs for embedding the Mozilla Gecko engine within a Java application.
Here are some key features of "JRex":
· Embedded Java Browser based on Mozilla GECKO.
· Event capturing like InputEvents (Mouse & keyboard), History, ContextMenu, ContentUrlListener, Observer, Progress, ToolTip.
· Compatible with AWT and Swing.
· Build in support for window and event management.
· Easy to use, developer need not know much of Mozilla details. The effective line of code for simple use is not more than 3 lines.
· Easy to use and easily extendable API's.
· Compatible with windows and *nix (Having GTK support).
· Compatible with Mozilla Gecko 1.4 and above. Has been tested with Mozilla Gecko 1.4 and 1.6 and 1.7.7
· Supports Tabbed and Java Internal Pane browser windows.
· Support for Profile & preferences.
· Support for Persist, Find & BroswerSetup (to enable/disable plug-in, image etc.) preferences.
· Support for accessing DOM objects of rendered page.
· JRex also implements DOM HTML2 for manipulating loaded HTML Document.
· In built support for Java WebStart deployment.
· Java 1.4.2 or later.
What's New in This Release:
· Rex now implements DOM, HTML2, and DOM3.
· JRex is now Java 1.5 compatible.