JOTWiki is a Wiki which allows you to create, edit, and link web pages easily without having to learn a difficult language like HTML.
Here are some key features of "JOTWiki":
Administration / Security
· No Dependencies, all in one, all you need is a java application server.
· Easy administration: Web based administration screens, no need to fiddle with xml files and/or command-line.
· Templates support, so you can easily choose or make a nice look for your pages.
· Support for multiple namespaces, allowing you to have multiple "sites", with different looks and permissions within the wiki.
· Full support for profiles, users and permissions, allowing to allow or disallow any features per user (also support guests / unlogged users)
· Captcha feature (Image code verification) to prevent automated posts/comments by robots(Spam).
· Mail server support, to send you copy of posted comments automatically.
· Automatic encryption of email addresses to prevent Spam.
· Built-in database - No need to mess with configuring a separate DB.
· Pages are save in plain text on the file system, so they are easy to access, And older copies of pages are automatically backed up.
· Automatic cleanup of old files and logs (configurable)
· Easy to use, you can create and edit page in your browser in a simple edition pane with icons. screenshots#editPane
· Powerful, yet simple Syntax.
· Automated edition locks, so only one user can edit a page at a time, avoiding data loss.
· Support(optional) comments for your pages, so users can add comments.
· Support(optional and configurable) for adding/Uploading images and files to your pages easily.
· Breadcrumbs feature, so your users know what pages they have been through.
· Source Code block support, so you can easily add some source code in your page and it will be rendered in a nice box(uninterpreted).
· Support for simple Boxes to highlight Tips, warning etc...
· Printer stylesheet, so your page will print nicely.
· Basic mantis integration, if you want to link to your Mantis bug system
Indexing / Searching / Tracking
· Built-in search engine, which will index automatically your content and provide a search form to users.(optional)
· Built-in google sitemap generator, so your content will be easily and efficiently indexed.
· Built-in support for Google web-analytics, just enter your Google Analytics ID.
· Built-in support for AddThis, allowing users to easily add your pages to social-network sites.
What's New in This Release:
Major fixes to installer:
· bug fix for windows install
· deals now with Java policies so it will work on Debian.
· fix in Unix/Linux installer launch script
· Added support to internal links (page#anchor) or (#anchor)