The Interverse is the next generation interface to the Internet. It is the evolution and combination of the web, chat, instant messaging, and voice communication. It is not just a graphical user interface (GUI), but an immersive user interface (IUI). The interverse is a virtual universe running on top of the internet.
The concept of the interverse has been around for quite a while and has been referenced in many ways. The most widely know references are from the movie The Matrix and from the book, Snow Crash. However, not until recently did the required technology, bandwidth and computing power exist to make the first primitive prototype of the interverse possible.
Using the Imagineer Group's omni software library and a standard internet connection, a user can log into an interverse server and interact with other online citizens. Omni provides the distributed bandwidth technology and the login authentication required to make the interverse possible. In an online universe, identity and security become a big concern. In order to keep the interverse safe and valid, security is required.
· Crystal Space version 0.18
1. Move the omni*.tgz file into your citizen directory and untar it there (tar -zxvf )
2. Edit the bld.cfg file to reflect your computer type and the location of the Crystal Space directory
3. Add the CS dir to your LD_LIBRARY path, or Link or copy the *.so files from your CS dir to this dir
4. Type 'make' to compile the source
5. Type 'citizen' to run the code