IEs for Linux 2.0.5/2.5 Beta 6
IEs for Linux is a simple Bash Script program that installs Internet Explorer 6, 5.5 and 5 on Linux using Wine.
What is the magic?
The magic of IEs4Linux is to use full browsers downloads instead of using that boring install process. The script automatically downloads full versions of IE from the Evolt Browser Archive. Then installation is done completely behind the scenes! You don't need to click on anything to install IE6, IE5.5 and IE5 - with FlashPlayer 8!
Who is the target public?
WebDesigners that want to move to Linux but still need to test their sites on IE. The IEs installations are smaller than usual because they include only the necessary files to have a good test browser (there is no Outlook, Media Player etc). Please, don't use any of these IEs to navigate!! Get Firefox!
What's New in 2.0.5 Stable Release:
· The mirror for downloading MSIE was changed.
What's New in 2.5 Beta 6 Development Release:
· New: Kommander GUI finished (advanced dialog)
· New: IE7 proxy configuration hack (see below)
· Improved: download output
· Improved: other programs should find IE now (as Jim suggested here)
· Improved: all temp files now go to ~/.ies4linux/tmp to avoid complications
· Other bug fixes